Membership in the Guild of Canadian Weavers is open to anyone interested in hand weaving. The membership fee is paid for the calendar year of January 1 to December 31. If you apply after October 1st, your membership will be applied to the following year. Members receive a New Members information packet containing the Handbook, Test Requirements, and Library List.
Benefits of membership:
- Access to borrowing materials from the Library, which includes books, magazines and periodicals on weaving and related subjects, special studies, sample collections and videos.
- A quarterly Guild Bulletin which reports on news of interest in the weaving world with special emphasis on Canada. Volunteers provide a year's worth of woven samples with accompanying notes, which are sent out in the Bulletin.
- Access to the Basic, Intermediate, Senior and Master Weaver Tests
- Scholarship funds administered by the Guild.
- Voting privileges and eligibility to serve on committees or the Board of Management.
- Affiliate Memberships for Guilds are also available. Affiliate Member Guilds receive the Handbook, quarterly Bulletin, and access to the Library; they are eligible to apply for the guild scholarship after two consecutive years of membership, but may not take the Guild of Canadian Weavers test examinations, nor can they vote. The fee for Affiliate Memberships are the same as for regular Full Memberships.
Membership fees are as follows:
Canadian memberships: $30.00 CAD
US memberships: $30.00 USD
International memberships: $40.00 USD or $40.00 CAD